Saturday, June 23, 2018

[Toy Unboxing] Touken Ranbu Nendoroid: Juzumaru Tsunetsugu

Wow, will you look at that!  I'm still alive and collecting nendoroids of my sword boys!

Before I move on to the review, I would like to apologize for not posting much.  As you all know, this is mostly a Touken Ranbu-related blog and like all the players of the game, I am suffering under the mercy of RNG-sama and grinding my way through all the events.  That aside, I've been going through some major changes in my life and I can't find time to come up with some new content for this blog.

Let's just be honest, nothing new came up after Ookanehira and Uguisumaru.

On to the Tenka Gouken!


This baby came to me on a fine Friday in my new office and the first thing I noticed about it was the box.  I know I've been living under a rock, but since this was the first nendo I got since GSC has changed their packaging, I was quite surprised.  I know a lot of people are on the fence about this because this is the same size as the packaging for those nendoroids like the uchiban version of the Touken Danshi (which I didn't buy), but personally, I like it simply because they save space and my nendoroid storage is getting too cramped already.  The box size comparison can be seen in the video.

Taking Juzu out of his box made me gush out praises like the little fangirl that I was.  Don't get me wrong, I love all my boys equally, but Juzu's nendo is so glorious.  They got the hair on point, which was one of my biggest worries even before they even announced that there would be a nendo of him.  His character was known to have such long hair, even Shinano took shelter in it in an episode of Hanamaru.  However, when I unwrapped the nendo, I was impressed.  It was not a shortened version of his hair at all!  In fact, the hair is so big, he doesn't really need his stand.  The hair will be able to support him just fine.


Like all Touken Danshis, Juzumaru comes with a pseudo-uchiban version and his is him smiling serenely with his eyes closed while holding a lotus flower.  Seriously, I liked it so much.  He looks like the perfect gentleman praying for all our sins.






Like usual, he comes with an array of parts which, unlike in the older packaging, they now come on a separate tray which is taped at the back of the main packaging.  Next, I want to talk about his stand.  Like his hair, it's supersized to accommodate for his long prayer beads that reaches up to the floor even when fighting on his original character design

On to the pictorial:


Watch the unboxing video to hear me literally moan over this nendo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

[Toy Unboxing] Touken Ranbu Nendoroid: Juzumaru Tsunetsugu

Wow, will you look at that!  I'm still alive and collecting nendoroids of my sword boys! Before I move on to the review, I would like ...